Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas is finally over

So the kitchen is complete. Grouting stinks, its hard work. But the floor looks amazing now its done. I was so happy to have it done. I can't imagine the floor looking any different.

Before










 After










Christmas turned out to be an amazing experience. We opened our some of our presents on Christmas eve to make things on Christmas day manageable. I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas I am still a believer in the spirit of Christmas. I am not religious but I do think Christmas is a time to love and reflect on the people in your life. Even the gifts are a reflection of the love you share with people. I believe gifts should be purchased with love and knowing the person you are buying for. This is the stuff that makes Christmas great. Everyone was happy, enjoyed each others company, and they especially liked their gifts. Me most of all I think. Justin asked me to marry him. I accepted. He also got me some of the most amazing gifts. He replaced my fish tank. He also filled my need for a clean coffee table by getting me the most amazing remote control. It does everything getting rid of all the other remotes. We are down to two remotes for the moment we need an adapter for the PS3 then just the one. Justin's sister got me the cookie bible so I have lots of new recipes to try. Especially biscotti. I am really looking forward to making and sharing. The only downside to Christmas was the kids didn't even think about getting me anything. Kandy's daughter made Justin and I a card. I guess it just kinda hurt my feelings that the kids didn't put any thought into it. They are the one aspect of life that I really worry about. We will figure it out.

Christmas dinner went amazingly well. Everything turned out like it should. The brine turkey turned out amazing. The ham delicious and all the fixings were just perfect. It also snowed so it was a hard Christmas to beat. But now the tree is down and I am trying to get the house back in order. This is a slower process since I have had a nasty cold. Overall the world is right and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment